Today we present to you a recipe for honey glazed duck breast de maquis Corsica, by the chef Vincent Tournayre.
He selected our Corsican maquis honey for its malty flavors with aromas of liquorice, caramel and ripe fruit. Its liquid texture is perfect for lacquering a beautiful duck breast.
Rosemary and ginger bring an irresistible scent to this dish.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 duck breast 350g
- A nice tablespoon of Honey Corsican maquis
- New onions
- A few very green Romanesco cabbages
- An inch of fresh ginger
- A sprig of rosemary to infuse
- Fig chutney to accompany
1. Crisscross the fat of the duck to help it melt the fat and remove the nerve on the flesh side.
2. Season with salt and pepper and cover with honey from the maquis
3. Brown in a very hot hair, starting from the side
5. Let stand 10 minutes
6. Wash, cut the vegetables and color them in the pan while the duck is resting.
7. At the end of cooking the vegetables, put the duck back to warm it.
8. Cut the duck into slices
9. Enjoy without delay!