It is in Egypt that we find traces of the first beauty tips using honey. But what about the beauty virtues of honey?
Honey is a real beauty product that you can use every day. It is suitable for all skin types, which it nourishes and softens. It is also an excellent natural remedy for particularly fragile hair. It can also be used pure, in direct application to the skin or hair, or in the manufacture of homemade cosmetics.
Let’s not forget that honey is a real antiseptic to cure infections, heal tissues ... It is therefore a natural regenerator of the surface layers of the epidermis. That's why a lot of cosmetology labs use it in their beauty products.
Most of the time, we don't need to buy these industrialized products ... Some very simple beauty tips are also effective.
Here are our first facial care ideas. Before any application on the whole face, always try the preparation on a part of your skin to see how it reacts.
1. Care for dry and sensitive skin
Honey cleansing mask for dry and sensitive skin
- 50g raw oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of acacia honey
- ½ jar of plain whole yogurt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Spread the preparation on the face. Leave to act for 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Acacia honey is known to be particularly soothing. Its liquid texture makes it particularly easy to work with. It will deeply nourish your skin.
Honey and almond face scrub
- 2 tablespoons of almond powder
- 2 tablespoons of acacia honey
- Apply this paste on the face avoiding the eye area and leave on for 5 minutes. Massage in circular motions. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
2. Care for oily skin
In people with oily skin, honey will minimize the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands.
- 1 teaspoon of green clay
- 2 tablespoons thyme honey
- 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- Spread this paste on damp skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for about 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Thyme honey and clay are beneficial for all skin types. Combined, they help nourish and thoroughly cleanse the skin.
Grapefruit essential oil has astringent properties. It contracts and stimulates the tissues of your epidermis, firming the skin, which makes it an ingredient of choice in oily skin care.
- 2 tablespoons of forest honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon almond powder
- After cleaning and drying your skin, apply the exfoliant with your fingertips using circular motions. Let the mask sit for 15 minutes. Then rinse off the mask with lukewarm water.
Forest honey will deeply cleanse your skin, lemon juice will restore radiance and almond powder will rid your skin of dead cells.
3. Honey care for normal skin
- 1/2 yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of lavender honey
- Mix everything. Apply to the face. Leave to stand for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Lavender honey will purify your skin and nourish it deeply.
Moisturizing mask with Manuka honey
- 1 tablespoon Manuka MG 100 honey
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2-3 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- Mix the ingredients and then spread the homemade honey mask on the face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes then rinse with warm water.