The vegetable tian is a colorful dish that varies with the seasons. For this summer, we offer a simple and light recipe, which will perfectly accompany all your dishes.
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons thyme honey
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Wash the vegetables, dry them and cut them into rings (as fine as possible)
- Rub the edge of the dish with a crushed garlic clove
- Arrange the vegetables in a rectangular dish vertically, alternating colors.
- Add the rest of the garlic clove.
- Drizzle with olive oil and thyme honey
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper
- Bake for 45 minutes
The plus of this recipe? Thyme honey.
Honey helps to fade the acidity of vegetables, while providing your dish with a delicious caramelized note!
Zoom on Thyme Honey
Thyme is a small shrub that measures between 10 and 30 cm and grows in the bush. It is a very honey aromatic plant that we find especially in the sunny countries of southern Europe, where the soils are very granitic and dry.
Its flowering takes place during the months of April and May, we then observe a profusion of small white or pink flowers.
The harvest of thyme honey thus begins at the end of May.
When extracted, the thyme honey is liquid and orange-yellow in color. Its crystallization is rapid and coarse, so as it ages, it becomes lighter and becomes more creamy.
Thyme honey is fragrant, with a slight musky note. Its lingering taste recalls the subtle flavor of the thyme plant.
At Miel Factory, we have selected for you this thyme honey, from Spain, harvested in the region of Castile and Leon.