Harvested in Lot et Garonne, France.
Flavor Notes: A delicate fragrance with subtle, aromatic scents. It has a pleasant, fruity and balsamic flavoured taste with light and long herbal notes to finish
Texture: Sticky, forms fine crystals
Serving Suggestions: It goes very well with chilled dairy products such as cottage cheese.
100% raw honey : all our honeys are analyzed to guarantee you the highest quality and purity. We use cold extraction in the most beekeeping tradition.
Miel Factory invites you to savor Alder Buckthorn honey. It is collected in the Lot et Garonne, in France. This honey’s light fruity and balsamic flavors make for a truly unique product.
Alder Buckthorn is a small shrub which grows in the arid and sandy lands of the South Ouest and the center of France.
This shrub blooms between April and June . Its nectariferous properties make it one of the bees’ favorites.
Collected during the month of July, this ochre colored honey is quite liquid. Its crystallization is slow which insures a smooth texture. The honey’s original flavor will brighten up your day as you savor the product on a warm slice of bread or in a delicious cup of tea.
Alder Buckthorn honey chicken
For 4 people
- 1 farm chicken
- 500g of potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 to 5 generous tablespoons of buckthorn honey
- 2 teaspoons of curry
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 ° for 10 minutes
- Place the chicken in a dish and brush its skin with olive oil
- Place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the potatoes. Crush the garlic and add dit to the potatoes along with the sliced onion.
- Take the chicken out of the oven
- Mix the bourdaine honey and curry
- Coat the chicken skin with the mixture
- Arrange the potatoes, onion and garlic around the chicken. Place in the oven and removen when the skin is crisp and the chicken is cooked- approximately 40minutes latter. Everyten minutes though, make sure to relieve the chicken from the oven to coat its skin with the honey curry mixture to insure its final savory taste.