Harvested in the Province of Alicante, Spain.
Flavor Notes: Woody and fruity with a base note that highlights the subtle sweetness of almonds
Texture: Buttery, sometimes liquid
100 % raw honey: all our honey is thoroughly analysed to guarantee it is of the highest quality.
Miel factory invites you to savor almond honey. Harvested in the Province of Alicante, in Spain, this honey has both a supple texture and a sweet taste. Its delicacy echoes the finesse of almond.
The end of winter, between the months of February and March, mark the moment when the almond tree blooms. This honey is harvested twice: both in May and June for the fresh and green almond and in September for a dryer almond.
While the United States is the largest producer of almonds in the world, many almond trees also bloom in the South of France, in Corsica and in the Garonne. This honey is the perfect treat to sweeten infusions and teas or even bring delicate honey notes to a beautiful meal.
Trivial but fascinating fact: A complex organization is set up each year to ensure the pollination of Californian almond trees. In February, billions of bees are sent on the road, traveling from the east to the West coast by truck in order to insure the pollination of the California almond orchards. Unlike other tree species, the pollination of the almond tree needs the bees to occur. Contrary to other species of trees which flourish naturally thanks to the wind carrying their pollen, bees are essential to almond tree pollination.
For 4 people
- 4 large apples
- 4 tablespoons of almond honey
- 40g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Wash the apples and take away their core using an apple core cutting tool.
- Place the apples in a baking dish in which you poor a glass of water. Use the absence of their core to fill them with a spoonful of honey and a piece of butter.
- Lightly dazzle the apples with honey and sprinkle them with cinnamon. Cook for 30 minutes, watering the apples regularly using their cooking juice.
- Serve hot or warm, possibly accompanied by a scoop of ice cream or a little cream.